Our Highland Wedding

Our Highland Wedding

Friday, September 3, 2010

Celtic Wedding Vows

We chose the following vows for our Celtic wedding, written by Morgan Llywelyn





You cannon possess me for I belong to myself
But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give
You cannon command me, for I am a free person
But I shall serve you in those ways you require
And the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand
I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud in the night
And the eyes into which I smile in the morning
I pledge to you the first bite of my meat and the first drink from my cup
I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care
I shall be a shield for your back and you for mine
I shall not slander you, nor you me
I shall honor you above all others,
and when we quarrel we shall do so in private
And tell no stranger our grievances
This is my wedding vow to you.
This is the marriage of equals

No comments:

Post a Comment